Athlete Code of Conduct
As a responsible athlete you will:
- Dress appropriate for training and competition and for the season. Remember to bring your spikes if needed.
- Eat sensibly and always leave two hours after eating food before you train or compete
- Use all club equipment properly as you have been shown and respect the facilities.
- Always use the track safely, showing awareness of other users.
- Never use headphones or phones while on the track.
- Not throw chewing gum or any litter on or around the track.
- Tell your Coach of any health issues and changes to family contact details
- Show respect to other Coaches and athletes by being polite, being helpful and listening to guidance or instructions.
- Make sure your Parents are aware of your Coach's phone number and are in regular contact.
- Let your Coach know if you cannot make training or you will be late.
- Always sign in before you start training.
- Report to your Coach or one of the Welfare Officers any incident that has happened that you are unhappy about.
- Never give your personal details to or accept lifts by anyone you don't know.
- Always use safe travel arrangements known by your Parents.
- Always come to training and competition with a positive attitude, show a good team spirit and enjoy athletics.
This code of conduct was devised by a sub -committee of seven young athletes on 9th Feb 2016.